Zó Paper Making Trip to Hoa Binh
Have you ever wondered how we produce our high-quality handmade Dó paper? Come and join our paper making tour to Hoa Binh to admire the beauty and understand the dedication behind every single sheet. This tour will not only tell you more about our paper, but it will also give you the chance to take a peek into the livelihood of the Muong ethnic minority in the Northern region of Vietnam.
In a nutshell, you will experience:
· Observe this 800-year-old paper-making process, from tree bark to a complete sheet of handmade paper
· Make your own sheet of paper and decorate it with flowers and leaves, with the help from the local craftsmen and craftswomen
· Go on a trek in the rice fields and mountains surrounding the village
· Meet the paper makers and find out more about their life and traditions in this beautiful part of Vietnam
· Stay away from Hanoi hustle and bustle, and enjoy a peaceful and relaxing day with nature and beautiful landscape
Zó Paper Making Tour will certainly be an interesting and unforgettable experience for you !
8h: Present at Big C Thăng Long Supermarket, 212 Trần Duy Hưng Street, Hà Nội.You can park your vehicle free there.
8h15: Departure from picking up point, arrived in paper making village in Suoi Co (Mr. Chuc, all his family make paper)
Introduce Zó project and papermaking history
Explain papermaking process and watching performance of the Artisans.
Paper making experimental to make your own paper then bring home later.
12h30: Lunch break
14h: Treking around Suoi Co village.
15h: Come back to Hanoi
Suoi Co village, Luong Son, Hoa Binh
Pickingup point: BigC Thang Long Supermarket, 212 Tran Duy Hung Street, Hanoi
You can park your vehicle there for free.
Date & time:
On Sundays every two weeks – Departure time is 8am, and we get back to Hanoi at 4pm. Don’t hesitate to contact us to know when is the next trip (email@example.com) !
Registration link: Google Docs form
Price: 30 – 40 USD/ 1pax
To help us prepare the tour in the best conditions, we would like to kindly ask you to pay the fee two days before the tour. You can either pay directly in cash at the shop or by bank transfer 3 days in advance.
· By cash: Zó Art Gallery, no 26 Thọ Xương str, Hoan Kiem, Hanoi.
· Bank trasfer:
Name: Le Thi Ky
Bank account: 19021248376013
Techcombank 95 Ly Nam De Hanoi
Phone number: +84 384329379 (Ms Hồng Kỳ)
Don’t hesitate to contact us for the private tour & workshops (firstname.lastname@example.org)!
Ms Hồng Kỳ: +84 168 432 93 79 (texts or Whatsapp)
Hope to see you on the trip!
Love from Zó team.